Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall in Full Swing

I'm loving this season right now! The leaves, the coziness, the grey skies. For some reason I'm embracing the rain and wind this year. Maybe it's because I feel fulfilled by how much time we spent outdoors in the summer. I'm sure by January I'll be clawing to get out and feel sunshine again but for now I'll enjoy what's left of the golden leaves on the trees and pumpkins on our doorstep.


Our front porch. Patrick and I had so much fun sipping hot cocoa and coffee while we decorated the morning after we went to the pumpkin patch a few weeks ago.

When there is a break in the weather we still get outside for a walk or just to play in the yard. Yesterday we had that very opportunity so we brought out Miles' new Little Tikes car (Thanks Grandma Di and Nono for the early birthday gift!). Miles ran the entire time we were out there. I can't blame him! It felt great to get fresh air for more than the minute it takes to load into the car. Grant had the BEST time in the backpack watching Miles run around.






Tomorrow is Halloween and we'll be dressing the boys up and hitting up a few houses for candy. I should see if I can get Miles to say Trick or Treat. He's going to be a Green Bay Packers football player thanks to Patrick's Uncle Mark who got him the outfit. He can finally fit it now! Grant will be a biker baby. He'll wear a bandana and a skeleton shirt that is a hand-me-down from his Mallahan cousins.




Sweet Potato face



I'm also really looking forward to the other holidays coming up. I think it's because Miles is older and will get more out of it this year than he did last year. For instance, we made clay Christmas ornaments yesterday with his handprint. I remember the ones my mom made when I was little and want to carry on the tradition, plus, they're kid friendly so if Miles bites them or takes them off the tree I won't have to worry.


Waving to a car.




No comments:

Post a Comment