Friday, March 18, 2011

I Thought I Knew but I Had No Idea...

... that 3 to 4 months postpartum my hair would start to fall out. I knew I'd lose A LOT of hair, but seriously? I'm shedding so much that I have enough to make a wig for Miles' little bald head. Would he look good with long hair?

... that living frugally really meant living frugally. For example, now that I have quit work I don't have the luxury of buying my facial products at 40% off from my work. I have to re-learn how to live simply and teach my skin that it doesn't need the $68 moisturizer to look good. It's very, very nice moisturizer, but when I can't get it cheaper it's SO not worth it. I could buy a couple boxes of diapers and wipes for that!

... that when I read a book that I like I can get hooked for hours. I pretty much had my own study session yesterday. I am rereading Rome Sweet Home by Scott and Kimberly Hahn (an extremely good book) and writing down my favorite passages. Scott Hahn quotes a lot of the bible like it's his second language and I realized that I couldn't even come up with an idea of what some of those passages are about. So, out came my bible and away I went on my little scavenger hunt.

... that after the first, second, third, and fourth diaper/ clothes change, Miles can still manage to poop up to his shoulders on the fifth outfit. (Pat got the luxury of changing that one). Hmm, maybe it was the Italian sausage I had for dinner the night before. Good thing I figured that one out AFTER I had those leftovers for dinner again last night. Will today be round two?

... that I could be at my wits end, over the edge tired, and needing a break from the "poop day," that Miles just has to do his first laugh, one that's jolly and loud, to turn my whole day around. It sure makes up for all the crap he put me through, literally :.)

No comments:

Post a Comment