Thursday, December 20, 2012

Super Update

I've been meaning to write about three different posts lately but time has gotten the best of me, thus the super update. The first part of the update is about Grant, then Miles' birthday! Lastly, Thanksgiving and all the fun that went along with it.

Now that this post is a bit late Grant is closer to 10 months than 9 months, but oh well. He has had 8 teeth for a couple months and he's getting really good at using them! He absolutely loves peanut butter bread which doesn't surprise me because that's all I wanted to eat while I was pregnant with him. He loves cruising around the coffee table. He isn't into crawling, though. He'll scoot in circles on his belly and while sitting up and can even sit up from laying down but he just won't actually crawl... yet. I think be just wants to cut to the chase and walk like Miles does. Lately, I'll put Grant at the coffee table and walk into the kitchen. The next thing I know he's gone and the Christmas tree is shaking! He had cruised across the table, past toys (using them for balance) and over to the ornaments on the Christmas tree. My, he's quick!



I'm really enjoying getting to know Grant's personality. I was telling my mom the other day how it's interesting to me that he's my child and I carried him for 9 (long) months and I still don't fully know who he is, what his likes and dislikes are, or what his strengths and weaknesses are. It's weird to say that I'm getting to know him but it's so true. The same goes for Miles. They're changing so much and it's incredible to see a new personality trait surface like Grant's new found determination to cruise everywhere, or a new skills like Miles' interest in putting different shaped blocks into the correct spot. The list goes on and it'll be ever changing and evolving.

Miles' birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year. What a great day for a birthday! I sure am thankful he was born! We celebrated his birthday at home the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. He had a mini cake and then opened his gift from us which was a little kitchen and a huge package of play food. He even got to stay up late playing with it. Miles was so into it! We had to pry the food from his hands to put him to bed. When he got up in the morning he walked right over to it and played for the entire morning. I'm not even exaggerating. I was able to pack everything we needed for a 5 day trip to visit our families while he played. He only stopped to eat and to get a haircut.

Some new things Miles is doing is listening, understanding, and obeying even better. I can tell him to do something once and he'll do it! Now, of course, it isn't like that every time I ask or tell him to do something but it's a definite improvement from a couple months ago. He's talking a lot more too. It's nice to be able to understand what he's talking about.






Thanksgiving was a blast! Miles and his cousins ran and ran and ran the entire first day we were at my parent's house. The next day they were super calm. It was hilarious how they just wore themselves out. We spent Thanksgiving Day with a ton of family.



 Uncle Don brought the gear to deep fry a turkey. It was delicious!






The rest of the weekend was spent at Patrick's parent's house. It was great to see Miles play with his cousin Austin. We had such a relaxing time with David and Rhonda, Jason and Jessica. My favorite part of spending time with them is that we don't turn the TV on all day so we end up talking and playing board games for most of the day.






This pic turned out way too dark but you get the idea!


We're looking forward to spending more time with all the family for Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment