Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Catching Up: November Daybook

From a while ago... This is totally late but I thought I might throw up a few photos from our annual trip to Schilter Farm. The boys had a blast. They loved the pony ride even though looking at Grant's face you wouldn't know it. Miles loved the hay jump and Grant loved the giant sand table. At the end we picked out pumpkins while Grant threw a fit about who knows what...


 
 




 
 
Halloween... The boys went trick-or-treating as a robot and a Packers football player. They had so much fun collecting candy and knocking over our neighbor's decorations. We have video of Grant touching a little witch on someone's doorstep and saying to Miles "let's knock it over" and proceeding to knock it over as the homeowner opens the door. I told Patrick he was in charge of costumes this year. He was really excited to make a robot costume for Miles but you may not know it because it ended up just being a box covered with foil. I laughed because it looked a little white-trash and wondered why he didn't add a few buttons to the front or those silver dryer hose things for his arms and legs. Oh well, it got the job done and he thought he was pretty cool. Clark was a race car driver. But he had to miss out on the candy this year.


 
 

 


What I'm reading... I just finished Dad is Fat by comedian Jim Gaffigan. It was pretty funny. I've seen his stand-up before so there were a few jokes in there that I'd heard previously. I liked that he was totally honest, totally loves his wife, and totally loves his kids even though he makes fun of how crazy and hectic having kids can be (which gets a little old by the end). I just started reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. Like, just started it so I'm not sure what to think yet. I've never read his work before but have heard good things so I figured why not give it a shot?

Speaking of... Jim Gaffigan, he's hilarious. Check out his stand-up routine Mr. Universe on Netflix. He's Catholic with 5 kids and his humor is clean which is refreshing, but still so, so funny.

What Patrick is up to... Woodworking! We refinished our kitchen table this summer and it turned out awesome. We got this table from my brother and sister-in-law, Mitch and Erica, when they moved to Nashville and they got it from my Aunt Shannon who got it from her aunt (I think?) We're very happy with how it turned out. It was a ton of work but worth it. We talked about what to do about the chairs since the cushions were falling off and the actual chair wasn't actual wood; it was plastic. The "wood" had worn off and there was a melted spot on one of the chairs. We thought we could just buy new chairs but what if they didn't match right or the color was off? Then, Cheri suggested benches. Brilliant! We can pack a bunch of kids on them, there wouldn't be a ton of chair to sweep around and it just makes sense for our family. Patrick decided that he could build them. So, that's what he's been up to once we finally decided on what type of bench and wood. They look amazing and I'd say this is his best work in woodworking so far. We just have a couple more coats of polyurethane to do so I'll post pics when they're complete.

About Clark... he's been such a good baby so far. He nurses and sleeps well and is just plain cute. I just want to kiss him all the time. And sometimes I do!


A few pictures to share... Just some cute pictures of the boys. That is all.


Miles loves holding Clark. Every morning he asks to hold him and then he'll just sit there for 15 minutes holding Clark and watching TV. I keep asking him if he's done holding him but he keeps saying 'no, not yet.'


Grant loves to touch Clark. Especially when he's sleeping. Good thing Clark doesn't mind too much because he'll have to get used to being poked and roughed up a little with two older brothers. (I spy a little smirk on Clark's face).

No comments:

Post a Comment