Tuesday, May 24, 2011

- 2 4 -

Another year older and I still feel 19. I've heard the term "the body grows older but the mind stays young" all too often and now as I look back over the past few years I can see how true that statement has become. Even though I keep getting older I still feel like I just finished my first year of college.

I don't think of myself in the terms of "married with children" even though that is my life. I guess I've always looked up to this age and saw other people married with children and thought I'd never get there. But I'm here and glad I'm here. I'm glad I can be a part of this group. It's truly fantastic and I can't wait to add more years to my marriage and more children to our family.

And I know. I KNOW I'm still young. Truth is, I am starting to see life and how fast it goes. Heck, it's already been 6 years since I graduated high school. That seems like a lot to me.

The other day I was thinking about how many things have changed in 2 years. If I had known 2 years ago what everything would be like right now I would not have believed myself. My, how a year makes a difference. I kind of wonder why people don't make resolutions on their birthdays instead of New Year's Eve. I think the resolution might last longer. 'I will make my 24th year awesome by ____' instead of resolving to do something for the year and then forgetting about it 2 months later. Not that a person wouldn't forget about their birthday resolution 2 months later, but maybe it could be a gift to themselves. It seems easier to say 'by the time I'm 25, next year, I want to be better at this or that.' I've never thought in those terms with a New Year's resolution. So, I guess I should test it out this year and see how it goes...


































For my 24th birthday I resolve to read more than watch TV and by the time I'm 25, next year, I will have fallen in love with reading and pick up a book before turning on the TV.

I love celebrating with family.

Thank you God for creating me in your image and likeness. Thank you for choosing me for my parents.
Thank you mom and dad for giving me life, for sacrificing certain things to bear me, and devoting your lives to teaching and raising me. Without my life I could not have met Patrick and given life to Miles.
























PS Romeo does bug the birds...



No comments:

Post a Comment