Thursday, March 6, 2014

7 Quick Takes

1. I write this as the boys take a mid-day bath after getting wet and dirty outside. We've been making the most of to 50 degree weather by pretending its spring and getting out in the backyard. Grandma Rhonda got the boys Carrhart overalls that work great for out there!

2. Lent started yesterday and I'm giving up coffee creamer (amongst cutting back on other things and taking up a few more things). This may not seem like a big deal to those of you who have trained your taste buds to enjoy the taste of pure coffee gasoline, but I'm just not there yet. I think I'll just end up not drinking coffee in the long run. Patrick thinks it's great because it's a gateway to learning to drink scotch on the rocks. Right, I'm giving up creamer so I can drink scotch...

3. I'm loving our new floors but there's one thing I'm hating. Crumbs and dirt. Okay, two things. I had no idea how much we create in one day and if I don't sweep up breakfast crumbs right away they spread everywhere. I used to vacuum every other day and now it grosses me out to see how much was getting into the carpet! Looks like my broom will be getting a good workout, but thanks to Costco it can handle the challenge. (two brooms and a dustpan for under $12!)

4. The boys got a really cute baking kit from Patrick's cousins Chris and Megan so we tested it out about a month ago. They love the different colored cupcake cups and for a while would play with them and play dough. Thanks again for such a neat gift that we can all enjoy!




5. Grant has been talking really well all of the sudden and it's been so fun to hear what he has to say. He has quite a few phrases that he's picked up from me which makes me realize how much I say certain things. He knows what he wants and he's very clear about it. So, without much ado, Gabbing Grant:

Grant eating anything: It's good, it's good!

Miles has something: I need that!

Waking up: (yelling)  Momma! Hey mom! Get me! (more nicely) Momma?

6. From the mouth of Miles:

He has a small Mary statue that used to be mine when I was little on his dresser and he likes to hug and kiss every night before bed. It has a little broken piece on the bottom.
Me: when I was little I was too rough with it and it broke which is why you have to be gentle.
Miles: Oh, it broke when you were a light saver princess?

Miles is to the stage where everything revolves around poop and how funny it is. Cheri says that's a stage that only begins. Great. Any question I ask him he answers "poop _____" and fills in the blank with the real answer or something random. He loves that it's a little off-color to answer that way.

Grant playing with something and Miles taking it away: I hog it to myself!
We're working hard on no back talk. How is it that a 3 year old can back talk already!?

7. A random picture



No comments:

Post a Comment